Today I have a collab with the amazing Mel from Vanilla Highlights blog! We are both sharing our yummiest Christmas recipes and mine is my favourite family recipe for shortbread biscuits. They are so fun to make, super festive and very delicious.
You will need:
- 8 tbs butter (softened)
- 4 tbs caster sugar
- 3 1/2 cups plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 140 degrees (C).
- Place butter, sugar, and flour in a food processor and mix until well combined and a dough forms.
- Sprinkle some flour on a large cutting board and transfer the dough onto it.
- Knead for 5 minutes, add a small dash of water if the dough is too crumbly.
- Place a large sheet of baking paper down on your bench/cutting board and sprinkle flour on the surface.
- Move your dough onto the baking paper and place another layer on top.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the mixture to be 1/2 centimeter thick.
- Cut out the cookies using cookie cutters and place them on a baking tray. Continue rolling the dough and cutting cookies until all of it is used.
- Lightly prick cookies with a fork.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until slightly golden on the bottom.
- Transfer quickly onto a wire rack to cool.
- Your dough should not be overly wet or sticky, so be careful not to over-work the mixture whilst kneading it.
- These cookies do not spread whilst in the oven so you can pack them tightly onto a baking tray and make more.
- In hot weather, the dough works best on a cold bench, so cool yours down with ice packs for 10 minutes before you begin to knead the cookie dough.
That’s it! These cookies are the perfect Christmas snack and are so simple to whip up. They can easily be decorated with icing or sprinkles and look amazing on the table at Christmas dinner.
Don’t forget to check out Mel’s recipe over here. Hope you are having the best holidays ❤
Merry Christmas (only 5 more days!!!)